As you plan your 2017 shipping program, we want to inform you that FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery®, FedEx SmartPost® and FedEx Freight will increase shipping rates effective January 2, 2017. Additionally, there will be changes to shipping fees and surcharges that may apply to your shipment and affect your total shipping rate.
Which rates are changing in January 2017?
• FedEx Express will increase shipping rates by an average of 3.9% for U.S. domestic, U.S. export and U.S. import services.
• FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery will increase shipping rates by an average of 4.9%.
• The FedEx Express and FedEx Ground U.S. domestic dimensional weight divisor will change from 166 to 139. Learn more.
• FedEx SmartPost rates will also change.
• FedEx® Retail Rates will change.
• FedEx One Rate® pricing will change.
• Effective January 2, 2017, the FedEx Freight Extreme Length surcharge will change from $85 to $150 and will be applied to shipments with dimensions of 12 feet or greater versus the prior 15 feet.
• FedEx Freight will increase shipping rates by an average of 4.9%. This rate change applies to eligible FedEx Freight® shipments within the U.S. (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), between the contiguous U.S. and Canada, within Canada, between the contiguous U.S. and Mexico, and within Mexico.
Additional changes in February 2017 or later:
• Effective February 6, 2017, FedEx Express and FedEx Ground fuel surcharges will be adjusted on a weekly basis. Learn more.
• The FedEx SameDay® City pricing changes for calendar 2017 will be announced later this year.
What you should do to receive the rate and fuel surcharge changes:
Customers on FedEx shipping applications will automatically receive the rate changes effective on January 2, 2017.
For FedEx Ship Manager® Server: Customers must upgrade to FedEx Ship Manager Server versions 14.0.9, 15.0.5 or 16.0.2 to receive the 2017 fuel surcharge updates on February 6, 2017. The appropriate software version will be downloaded to your device; please accept the software upgrade to ensure your rate quotes remain accurate.
For FedEx Web Services: Customers will automatically receive the 2017 fuel surcharge updates on February 6, 2017.
For FedEx Ship Manager®: Customers must upgrade to FedEx Ship Manager software version 3011 or higher to receive the 2017 fuel surcharge updates on February 6, 2017. Version 3011 will be downloaded to your device; please accept the software upgrade to ensure your rate quotes remain accurate.
Where do I find the newest updates?
Go to fedex.com/us/2017rates for details of all changes to rates and surcharges. You may also:
• Learn how to use FedEx rate tools.
• Get answers to frequently asked questions.
If you have any questions, please contact your FedEx customer integration consultant or contact the Technical Support Center at 1.877.FDX Assist 1.877.339.2774, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST; and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. CST. For more information, go to fedex.com/us/2017rates.